Full-time Classroom Teacher Main or Upper Scale: MS1 – UPS1 (depending on qualifications, skills and experience. Job shares are welcome to apply)
Robert Arkenstall Primary School are looking for the right person to join our well established and happy teaching team. Applicants could be from any phase in school from Early Years to Key Stage 2 as we have flexibility this year within our classes.
If you are minded to consider leadership there are plenty of opportunities for high profile project work within school as we continue with innovative projects on curriculum development. We have a particular focus on explicit word and oracy teaching, behaviour and wellbeing.
The position is permanent to begin Monday 2nd September 2019.
In order to support the teaching team and the class, this post will offer CPD and a mentor in school to help you settle in. As part of a DfE Opportunity Area there are strong networks of support from partnerships and our local clusters. We enjoy close working with the local Research school and Teaching school.
Haddenham village is a historic and thriving village just 15 mins from Ely and 30 mins from Cambridge. Please see our website for more information on what school life is like.
We are looking for someone who:
· Has a passion for teaching and learning and a commitment to working as part of a team to provide a caring and positive learning environment.
· Will inspire children to pursue possibilities and love learning.
· Has the ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with parents/carers.
· Is friendly with a good sense of humour.
· Has a firm grasp of the cognitive pedagogy of mastery learning, employing low stakes opportunities for children to demonstrate and communicate their enjoyment in learning.
· Is able to set high expectations and standards for all children so that their curiosity inspires and motives high aspirations.
· Uses effective positive, therapeutic behaviour management strategies.
We can offer:
· Enthusiastic, growth mindset oriented, well behaved children.
· Established planning, so minimal workload.
· Support from a friendly and experienced team with high level of TA support.
· High-quality, well-resourced learning environment both indoors and outdoors.
· A commitment to common sense staff well-being and workload.
To apply for role starting from 2nd September, please contact Kate Bonney to arrange a visit via:
Or Telephone 01353 740253 for an application pack,
Closing date for applications is 28th June 2019, with interviews on 5th July 2019
The Governing Body of Robert Arkenstall Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.