Maternity Cover Teacher, KS1 from January 2022
This role is a part-time job share 0.4 contract, for a KS1 Maternity Cover Teacher - starting January 2022.
Robert Arkenstall Primary School is looking for the right person to join our well established and happy teaching team for a temporary contract on MPS.
We are in Haddenham, a historic and thriving village just 15 mins from Ely and 30 mins from Cambridge, Newmarket or Huntingdon.
We are just the place you want to be if you want to join a forward-thinking school with innovative approaches to learning at its heart, that benefits from being strongly evidence informed. Please see our website for more information on what school life is like.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for teaching and learning and a commitment to working as part of a team to provide a caring and positive learning environment.
- Will inspire children to pursue possibilities and love learning.
- Has the ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with parents/carers.
- Is friendly with a good sense of humour.
- Has an interest in the cognitive pedagogy of learning, employing opportunities for children to demonstrate and communicate their enjoyment in learning.
- Is able to set high expectations and standards for all children so that their curiosity inspires and motivates high aspirations.
- Uses effective positive, therapeutic behaviour management strategies.
- Is interested in research-informed practice and the benefits of outdoor learning
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved children.
- Established planning, so minimal preparation workload.
- Support from a very friendly and experienced team with high level of TA support.
- High-quality, well-resourced learning environment both indoors and outdoors.
- A commitment to common sense staff well-being and workload.
To learn more about the role, arrange a visit or request an application pack, please email:
Kate Bonney, Headteacher
Telephone 01353 740253
Closing date for applications is:
6th December 2021,
with interviews on
10th December 2021
The Governing Body of Robert Arkenstall Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.